November 2, 2012

Lolita Carnival: Lolita Playlist

It's really exciting to be participating in the Lolita Blog Carnival for the first time, and this subject is one I particularly appreciate, as you will know if you have read my previous posts!
Here is the chance for me to add to the growing number of lolita tracks that I already suggested. It also encouraged me to forage for songs new to myself!
I chose to share my gothic lolita playlist to keep in sync with the recent celebrations, and because I already touched upon the sweet side of life.

Voltaire -Death Death ... Song  and Happy Birthday


I love Voltaire and how he seems to be a very approachable artist, never full of himself. He really works on making the goth community understood by mainsteam and his songs reflect the conflicts that often arise between mainsteam and subcultures in a humorous way. He also makes amazing stop motion animation with Danny Elfman. And he has amazing style. Wait... Could he be the perfect man? I am always rolling on the floor when I listen to the first song, there is nothing like a bit of self-mockery! The second song has officially become my birthday hymn, completely replacing that awful little ditty traditionally sung. The whole local lolita community gathered to make the video and it all looks like so much fun!

Kerli - Walking on Air

I already mentioned that I really loke Kerli's style, and this song and the PV are perfectly, well... creepy.

Maximum the Hormone -Rock'n'roll Chainsaw

I can't begin to describe how much I like this band! The fact that all the musicians sing, the contrast between the cutesy childish tunes and the metal, the outrageaous lyrics... They make great music!  The AMV with Dead Karl is just a personal favorite... They were just made for each other.

Obsidian Shell - Fear
 

Porcelain Black - This is What Rock'n'roll Looks Like

Porcelain Black's voice is incredible; she has such a wide range! And I love how she keeps it rough and doesn't try to make it like most of what you hear in this kind of music at the moment. I also love the split hair, the style, the whole aesthetic! She also has interesting things to say about her music and about being different.
 
Marilyn Manson - mOBSCENE

Couldn't not mention him, especially with the recent album!

Rasputina - Transylvanian Concubine
 
 In case I hadn't made it clear I love cellos... Rasputina's music is indescribable and somehow just perfect.

Rob Zombie - Living Dead Girl

Hugo - 99 Problems
I like the rythm there!

LM.C -  Bell the Cat

I think this is the first song I heard from LM.C; or maybe it was John. In any case, I fell madly in love with this band, and went to see their concert in Paris. Definitely one of my best memories! Their music is so cute and makes me really happy!

Nightwish - The Wishmaster




The sound from Nightwish is incomparable to anything, and I must say that to me Tarja was the one who created that difference, so eber since she left, I just repeat the old albums over and over.

Hayley Westenra - Dark Waltz
Hayley Westenra's voice sounds so pure and the song so soothing, it has to be on my playlist!

McFly - Transylvania

I find this song so much fun! The video has been taken down from Youtube, sadly, but it had some great crossdressing and costumes going on!

My Chemical Romance - Welcome to the Black Parade
 Wow, special love for the costumes there. I love the skeleton effect on the jackets and the  makeup!

Aural Vampire - Darkwave Surfer
Exo-chika really rocks her fangs and pulls off the greatest vamp style ever! I love the mix of ero/aristocrat and electronic music.

Shiny Toy Guns - Ghost Town Nightmare Before Christmas

 Head banging, burning zombies? I approve! Nightmare Before Chrismas reprise? More of this, please!

 Diablo Swing Orchestra - Balrog Boogie
 So maybe some of my playlist relies more on the videos that really good music, but this is different. What other band would mix cellos, didgeridoos, epic guitar rifs, and opera singing? I rest my case.

I almost forgot this one, though:

 
Yes, it is on my playlist. And our choir is putting on for a concert in November!


I hope you will have found at least one track to add to your own playlist and I can't wait to read and listen to what all the lovely frilly bloggers will have posted!


4 comments:

  1. Mozart's Requiem, Voltaire, Westenra... a commendable taste, Miss Milly!:-))) I was extremely pleasantly surprised to find them on your list.

    Also, I love your blog layout - the star-shaped sparkles and colours make it so cute!:-)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! My taste is quite eclectic but it works for me ^^ The background is available on deviantArt. Late reply... sorry ^^'

      Delete
  2. You went to see an LMC concert?! You're so lucky, they have so little! ;)

    Very complete playlist, I like how you managed to say something pertinent about each and every vid.

    Yours affectionately, Comtesse Sofia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was very lucky! And dragged my best friend into it in the process ^^ It's on eof my best memories <3

      Thank you, I tried to make an effort on explaining my tastes!

      Best regards.

      Delete